Sunday, August 4, 2013

Beer barbeque chicken


As the work week progresses, I tend to get less disciplined with meal planning. Needless to say, by Saturday morning, the dreaded question of “What's for lunch?” comes up. My Saturdays are mostly "chore" days, being able to have lunch at home really lets me work the day more productively without doing a lot of extra driving and lingering at restaurant (slow eater!). One saturday morning, I did a little googling on chicken recipe, and found this recipe. I opened the fridge: drumsticks, dark beer, thyme, whole grain mustard and some lemons. Just what I needed. How perfect!

I did some modifications based on what I had: Mexico dark beer instead of German beer, using a grill pan instead of a charcoal grill. It turned out to be some very juicy flavorful chicken I’ve made in a while. I really enjoy that tanginess and the hint of beer. Totally worth giving it a try.

 To go with the chicken, I whipped up a quick beet and spinach salad to go with it.




No comments :

Post a Comment